- Overall Administrative and Technical control of regional and district level offices of Dairy Development Directorate.
- Planning, Monitoring and Supervision of Scheme.
- Direction and Guidelines for implementation of schemes.
- Facilitation for organization of milk cooperative societies at village level, Milk Union at Dist. level for milk collection, processing and marketing of milk.
- Enhancement of milk productivity.
- Providing technical inputs to milk producer like milk and dairy cooperative societies testing equipment and accessories, green fodder seeds, Artificial Insemination equipments and accessories.
- Establishment of chilling plants, bulk cooler and others cold chain facilities for preservation and maintaining quality of milk for collection and marketing.
On-going Plan Schemes:
- Establishment of Mini Dairy. Project Cost: Rs. 1.11 lakhs/unit. Total Units: 382. Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 81.94 Lakhs as subsidy and rest as loan component.
- Establishment of Cattle Breeding Units. Project Cost: Rs. 4.00 lakhs/unit. Total Units: 50. Estimated Cost: Rs. 40.00 lakh as subsidy and rest 70% as loan plus 10% as beneficiaries' contribution.
- Establishment of Milk Co-Operative Societies. Total 210 Societies. Cost per Society: Rs. 0.20 Lakhs. Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 42.00 lakhs.
- Demonstration of Green Fodder. Project Cost: Rs. 1,680/plot. Total Plots: 1344. Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 13.99 Lakhs.
- Man Power Development (Training). Total 960 farmers to be trained at COMPFED Training Centre, Patna; DNS Cooperative Management Institute, Patna & NDRI, Karnal (Hariyana). Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 29.76 Lakhs.
- Establishment of Adrash Dairy Gram. Project Cost: Rs. 15.85 Lakhs/Unit. Total Units: 3. Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 45.56 Lakhs.
- Establishment of A.I. Centres under Special Component Programme. Total 24 centres @ Rs. 0.36 lakhs. Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 9.97 Lakhs.
- Supply of Electronic Milko Tester in Co-operative Societies. Total 57 units @ Rs. 0.28 lakhs. Total Estimated Cost: Rs. 15.96 Lakhs.
Objective of Directorate:
Main objective of this Directorate is to plan, monitor, supervise & implement the different dairy development programmes, facilitate the resource for enhancement of milk productivity, collection and marketing of milk and milk product and analysis of projects and schemes on scientific basis. COMPFED has been assigned as nodal agency of Dairy Development.
Scope of Directorate:
Providing job opportunity directly on indirectly to rural masses by forming network on cooperative structure in dairy development activities for Socio-economic changes. A large no. of rural milk producers can be engaged and benefited through this. White Revolution can be brought and made successful.
Duties and Services rendered by the Directorate:
- Organization and Registration of Milk Co-operative Societies at village level.
- Organization and Registration of Milk Unions at district level.
- Supervision of Milk Co-operative Societies.
- Cattle Induction on Subsidy-cum-Loan basis.
- Providing facilitates for collection, processing and marketing of milk and milk products.
- Providing technical inputs for enhancement of milk productivity.
- Man power development.